Monday, November 7, 2011
* Fall Craft for Kids: Coffee Filter Leaves
"C" made the prettiest coffee filter leaves at preschool last week
so big sister "E" and I wanted to make some more with her at home.
We made so many leaves, we now have this beautiful display in our playroom!
We studied "C"s leaves to figure out how she made them.
She said they used coffee filters and Do-A-Dot markers so we gave it a go.
I thought they may have used bleeding tissue paper or liquid watercolors,
but she was very definitive when she said how they made them
so we went along with it. : )
We started by cutting out some free-form leaf shapes from some coffee filters.
Then, we spread out some newspaper to protect our craft surface
(in this case, it was the floor... I'm not sure why we always end up sitting on the floor
and crafting instead of working at the table!)
We used our Do-A-Dot markers to make pretty patterns
but the colors weren't bleeding like the ones "C" made at school.
They were still very pretty and artsy.
All three of us had fun making them!
So, we tried wetting some filters first and that
pretty much just made a mess and she said the ones at school were dry.
We decided to just stick with making leaves with the dot markers,
they were still pretty.
Hmmm.....it was a bit of a crafting mystery.
I asked her teacher about it the next day and we solved the mystery.
They DID use coffee filters for the leaves but they
used liquid watercolors inside of bingo markers
and that's why the leaves they made bled and ours didn't!
When the "leaves" dried,
we taped them up in our big playroom window.
They're so bright and cheerful, it makes me smile
every time I walk past the playroom.
Happy (use what you have) Crafting!
pink and green mama
- ► 2013 (75)
- ► 2012 (164)
- * Pink and Green Mama's Gratitude Giveway #3: Kiwi...
- * Cyber Monday Pink and Green Mama Crafts Homemade...
- * Thanksgiving Break Blog Stand-by...
- * Native American Princesses Imaginary Play
- * Cut Paper Thanksgiving Dinner
- * Mom's Homeroom Anatomy of a Craft Project Body M...
- * Turkeys In Disguise... Part 2: Astronaut Turkey ...
- * Fall Art Project: Cubist Pattern Leaves
- * Fall Art Project: Turkeys With Crayon on Marker ...
- * Pink and Green Mama's Gratitude Giveaway #2: Mak...
- * Fall Craft for Kids: Coffee Filter Leaves
- * Pink and Green Mama's Gratitude Giveaway #1: Nov...
- * Nintendo Wii Play Motion Ice Cream Party!
- ▼ November (13)
- ► 2010 (172)
- ► 2009 (161)