Friday, December 2, 2011
* Christmas: Decking The Barbie House Halls!
When I was a little girl, I always decorated my Barbie house
for Christmas. I had a tiny tree and a few ornaments but that was about it.
I was telling the girls this last week while we were putting up our own Christmas tree.
One of our favorite books is "Big Susan" and we love the way
they decorate the doll house for Christmas.
"E" couldn't wait to decorate our own Barbie house
and got to work right away.
First, she made tiny paper chains with
bits of construction paper, Christmas-themed scrapbook paper and scotch tape.
Then, the girls set up a little tree from our Fairy house
with a few tiny ornaments and a paper doily for the tree skirt.
The table is set with plum pudding, a ham, and some hot cocoa!
The girls raided my vintage doily and hankie stash to
update the house with more "Christmasy" linens and rugs.
Tiny string lights and fuzzy green yarn were used as garland on the balcony.
Then, mommy joined the crafty fun and
we all cut out some tiny paper snowflakes
to tape up on the windows!
I love them. : )
Why didn't I do that when I was little?!
This is "Holly" our Christmas Barbie.
She and "Jingle" (our Elf on the Shelf) are always happy to be reunited
the day after Thanksgiving.
They're snuggling on the couch, by the fire with some hot cocoa.
"E" decided they need some stockings so she made two little paper
one and taped them up on the fireplace.
Wishing you and yours a
warm and happy holiday season!
Pink and Green Mama
- ► 2013 (75)
- ► 2012 (164)
- * Can You See What I See? Toyland Express! Book Re...
- * Toilet Paper Tube Craft: Homemade Angry Birds!
- * Christmas 2011 Highlights From the Pink and Gree...
- * Easy Holiday Kid Craft: Felt Candy Cane Mice
- * Semi-homemade Teacher and School Friend Holiday ...
- * Easy Kid Holiday Craft: Paper Chain Stair Garlan...
- * Cholula Hot Sauce Cap Decorating Giveaway
- * Re-Cycled Paint Stick Snowman Snow Ruler!
- * Budget Friendly Semi-Homemade Christmas Cards
- * Dad's Homemade Christmas Gift Surprise! "Back Ma...
- * Christmas: Decking The Barbie House Halls!
- ▼ December (11)
- ► 2010 (172)
- ► 2009 (161)