Sunday, January 29, 2012
* Valentine's Day Craft: Re-Cycled Card Basket
Here's a fun project from my archives to help you recycle
those Valentine's Day cards that will be arriving shortly.
Last year, we recycled some of our favorite
Valentine's Day Cards into a card basket/bowl of our own!
To start, I printed out a template I found here
I traced it onto a piece of manilla file folder (sturdier for multiple tracings).
They also have great directions--
that I should have followed instead of just winging it.
You'll need 14 cards for this project
(or kid drawings on cardstock!)
You'll trace 12 "side" pieces
and 2 "bottom" pieces.
They used white glue and I didn't --
my life would have been easier if I had tacked mine
together with a dab of glue.
My pieces kept slipping around and that wasn't
fun during the sewing part.
You'll use a hole punch to punch holes evenly
around the edges of each piece and yarn
(or embroidery thread) with a fat embroidery needle
to sew the basket together.
Here's the bottom.
Like I said, should have followed the directions --
Side View.... (I'll just say the kid's sewed it, not their incompetent mother)
It does make a handy little bowl to hold your treasures!
Happy Re-Cycled Crafting!
Pink and Green Mama
- ► 2013 (75)
- * Quick and Easy Valentine's Day Kid's Craft: Make...
- * Valentine's Day Craft: Re-Cycled Card Basket
- * Imaginative Play: Valentine Shop in our Playroom...
- * Valentine's Day Themed Sensory Rice Box With Sce...
- * Kid-Friendly Spaces and Toy Storage Solutions In...
- * Chinese New Year Paper Lantern Craft and Japanes...
- * Playing With Blocks
- * Birdseed Cakes
- * Cut Paper Dragons for Chinese New Year: Easy Kid...
- * Sick Day Craftivity: Decorate a Tissue Box
- * Clay Impression Buttons
- * Craft With Your Pets: "Paint For Cats" App Homem...
- * Letter Writing Center
- * Giveaway: Playful Learning Spaces E-Course with ...
- * Giveaway: Artterro Art Dolls Eco Art Kit
- * Alcohol Ink on Polymer Clay Embossed Pendant Til...
- * Just Hanging Around Fun Photo Bookmarks!
- *Penguin Birthday Party Igloo Fort
- * Homemade Search and Find, Walter Wick Inspired I...
- ▼ January (19)
- ► 2011 (152)
- ► 2010 (172)
- ► 2009 (161)