Wednesday, February 15, 2012
* Colorframes Block Review - Block Play Activities For Preschoolers and Toddlers
My very creative and colorful friends at Learning Materials Workshop,
recently contacted me to review one of their wonderful Reggio Emilio style learning materials.
I love all of their products and they are beautiful and fun to play with.
They sent us their set of Colorframes blocks.
The wood blocks come in 42 different colors
with natural wood on one side and painted color on the other.
They sit in a pretty natural wood frame/tray.
Each adult and child that has encountered them in our house this week,
have not been able to resist playing with them.
This photo was taken the first day "C" played with them.
"C" is actually in the playroom right now building a farm with them as I type this.
I just heard Geoff and "E" walk in there and join her. : )
They are so visually pleasing.
These Colorframes are like eye candy -- you can't resist the call to come play with them!
Looking at them gives me the same thrill I get with a paint chip color fan
or those displays at the hardware store with all of the paint samples on one wall. Sigh.
"C" made a little village for her wooden animals and peg dolls.
I made the little blue bird and the peg dolls.
My lovely friend and Etsy artist, Lorilee Kopp, from Mama Kopp Shop
made the Totoro, Snail, Raccoon, and blue slugs.
"C" stacked the blocks and made boxes as small
apartments and houses for her critters.
I love it, very artsy.
I want to live there too!
"C" thought the town needed some roads and she wanted to add our
Homemade Montessori Color Tablet Game tiles to the mix.
They work beautifully with the Colorframes blocks!
We may have to add their Coloraturo set to our collection next!
Thank you Learning Materials Workshop, we love your products,
your website, and all of your colorful play ideas!
Pink and Green Mama, MaryLea
Note: My family and I received a set of Colorframes blocks to play with for this review.
We did not receive any additional financial compensation.
All opinions expressed in this review are my own.
- ► 2013 (75)
- * Pink Penguin Felt Barrette Party Favors, Birthda...
- * C's Penguin Party Homemade Favor Bags
- * Semi-Homemade Birthday Party Hats
- * Felt Penguin Mask
- * 5th Birthday Sign : Photo Prop
- * Watercolor Basket - Making Art Supplies Accessib...
- * Washing Baby Dolls Water Play
- * President's Day Portraits: Mixed Media Art Lesso...
- * Ballerina Paper Dolls With Cupcake Wrapper Skirt...
- * Colorframes Block Review - Block Play Activities...
- * A Real Life Valentine's Day Love Story.
- * Mad Lib Valentines for Tweens
- * Round-Up of Kid Valentines From Years Past
- * Felt Heart Valentine Barrettes Tutorial
- * Valentine's Day T-Shirt Tutorial: Heart Doily Sh...
- * Tate's Bake Shop Valentine's Day Cookie Giveaway...
- * Re-Cycled Tissue Paper Sunflower Bowl Craft for ...
- * Re-Cycled Paper Bowl Project
- * Make A Paper Salad - Scissor Practice For Presch...
- * Re-Cycled Cereal Box Heart-Shaped Valentine Card...
- * Re-Cycled Art Stitched Heart Valentine Cards
- ▼ February (21)
- ► 2011 (152)
- ► 2010 (172)
- ► 2009 (161)