Sunday, February 26, 2012

* Felt Penguin Mask



For "C"s penguin party she wanted penguin masks so I made some.
I didn't use a pattern, I just cut out some black and white felt free-hand
and trimmed it until it looked right. Then I cut out some yellow felt for the beaks.

I used double triangles because she wanted to open and close the beaks.


I stitched the white and yellow felt to the black then added a bit of black elastic to the back.
To cut out the eye holes I traced a small plastic lid onto the felt and used it as my
guide to carefully cut out the eye holes with sharp sewing scissors.


Super easy, they took me less than 45 minutes to whip up
and I had all of the materials on hand.


"C" and her buddies loved them. They were mama penguins 
taking care of stuffed baby penguins in the igloo fort. 

More Penguin Party details coming all week!

Fondly,
Pink and Green Mama


6 comments:

Stevie MooreBabies said...

Love it! Sooo cute :)
Moore Babies

Jennifer | The Deliberate Mom said...

So very cute! The igloo is awesome too!

Thanks for sharing!

Meghan said...

These are awesome!

Ticia said...

Oh I love these!

Anne said...

They look very cute...:)

Tia Verinha said...

Hello! I love this mask. Thanks for sharing. I'll do 14 but no eyes ... I want to work the black book of colors and thought that this mask would be ideal. Check out milsorrisoscoloridos and see the magic ...
Thousand colorful smiles for you

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...