Sunday, February 26, 2012
* Felt Penguin Mask
For "C"s penguin party she wanted penguin masks so I made some.
I didn't use a pattern, I just cut out some black and white felt free-hand
and trimmed it until it looked right. Then I cut out some yellow felt for the beaks.
I used double triangles because she wanted to open and close the beaks.
I stitched the white and yellow felt to the black then added a bit of black elastic to the back.
To cut out the eye holes I traced a small plastic lid onto the felt and used it as my
guide to carefully cut out the eye holes with sharp sewing scissors.
Super easy, they took me less than 45 minutes to whip up
and I had all of the materials on hand.
"C" and her buddies loved them. They were mama penguins
taking care of stuffed baby penguins in the igloo fort.
More Penguin Party details coming all week!
Pink and Green Mama
- ► 2013 (75)
- * Pink Penguin Felt Barrette Party Favors, Birthda...
- * C's Penguin Party Homemade Favor Bags
- * Semi-Homemade Birthday Party Hats
- * Felt Penguin Mask
- * 5th Birthday Sign : Photo Prop
- * Watercolor Basket - Making Art Supplies Accessib...
- * Washing Baby Dolls Water Play
- * President's Day Portraits: Mixed Media Art Lesso...
- * Ballerina Paper Dolls With Cupcake Wrapper Skirt...
- * Colorframes Block Review - Block Play Activities...
- * A Real Life Valentine's Day Love Story.
- * Mad Lib Valentines for Tweens
- * Round-Up of Kid Valentines From Years Past
- * Felt Heart Valentine Barrettes Tutorial
- * Valentine's Day T-Shirt Tutorial: Heart Doily Sh...
- * Tate's Bake Shop Valentine's Day Cookie Giveaway...
- * Re-Cycled Tissue Paper Sunflower Bowl Craft for ...
- * Re-Cycled Paper Bowl Project
- * Make A Paper Salad - Scissor Practice For Presch...
- * Re-Cycled Cereal Box Heart-Shaped Valentine Card...
- * Re-Cycled Art Stitched Heart Valentine Cards
- ▼ February (21)
- ► 2011 (152)
- ► 2010 (172)
- ► 2009 (161)