Friday, February 3, 2012
* Re-Cycled Cereal Box Heart-Shaped Valentine Card Holder Craft
Here's a goodie from my archives today...
Family Valentine Boxes made from re-cycled cereal boxes!
My mom actually found this craft idea in a book called, Crafts for All Seasons
We decided it would be fun to make a couple of heart-shaped mail boxes for our family valentines.
Start with a cereal or cracker box
(we even used a microwave popcorn box for one)
and an adult should cut it so that one bottom corner
(along the bottom edge of the box = one side the same length)
forms the point of a heart.
Then cut two bumps to be the top of the heart.
This is hard to explain with words so just
check out my photos and it should make sense!!
Cover your box with paper --
we used construction paper and Elmer's School Glue
but you could also use gift wrap!
Let the kiddos decorate and customize their boxes...
bits of ribbon/lace,
Crayola twistables, etc.
We cut out paint chip samples for one of the boxes
with a heart-shaped punch.
We also used paper flowers
from this fun K & Company scrapbook paper kit
that I picked up a while ago
(with great intentions of using them to make presents pretty!).
Add a colorful ribbon handle
and hang on a bedroom door knob
or on the back of a chair at the kitchen table.
Time to add some love notes,
chocolates, and valentine cards, or drawings!
Happy Valentine Crafting!
pink and green mama,
- ► 2013 (75)
- * Pink Penguin Felt Barrette Party Favors, Birthda...
- * C's Penguin Party Homemade Favor Bags
- * Semi-Homemade Birthday Party Hats
- * Felt Penguin Mask
- * 5th Birthday Sign : Photo Prop
- * Watercolor Basket - Making Art Supplies Accessib...
- * Washing Baby Dolls Water Play
- * President's Day Portraits: Mixed Media Art Lesso...
- * Ballerina Paper Dolls With Cupcake Wrapper Skirt...
- * Colorframes Block Review - Block Play Activities...
- * A Real Life Valentine's Day Love Story.
- * Mad Lib Valentines for Tweens
- * Round-Up of Kid Valentines From Years Past
- * Felt Heart Valentine Barrettes Tutorial
- * Valentine's Day T-Shirt Tutorial: Heart Doily Sh...
- * Tate's Bake Shop Valentine's Day Cookie Giveaway...
- * Re-Cycled Tissue Paper Sunflower Bowl Craft for ...
- * Re-Cycled Paper Bowl Project
- * Make A Paper Salad - Scissor Practice For Presch...
- * Re-Cycled Cereal Box Heart-Shaped Valentine Card...
- * Re-Cycled Art Stitched Heart Valentine Cards
- ▼ February (21)
- ► 2011 (152)
- ► 2010 (172)
- ► 2009 (161)