Thursday, February 23, 2012
* Watercolor Basket - Making Art Supplies Accessible For Children
My girls love to paint with watercolors and they seem to have
the world's worst timing to ask me if they can paint with them.
The supplies were scattered around the art studio in places they needed my help to reach.
For example they would ask for watercolors when I was in the shower,
or when I was cooking dinner and had raw chicken all over my hands,
or when I was "indisposed"
( hiding in ) the bathroom... you get the idea!
I knew I needed to come up with a solution but it's one of those things that I kept
forgetting about until I was busy and they asked again.
Finally, I came up with a solution during the first week of my on-line
Playful Learning Spaces class with Mariah Bruehl.
Put everything in a pretty basket
and leave it out where the kids can find it.
Why did it take me this long to figure this out?!
I used a basket I already had in the house.
I filled it with:
two tablets of watercolor paper,
watercolor paints and brushes,
two glass jars (that can be filled with water at the sink),
a sharpened pencil,
a fine tip and a small line permanent marker,
small roll of paper towels,
and some water-soluble colored pencils.
Note: The salt shaker we use for watercolors is sitting on a table in the art studio
where they can reach it as needed but it's not in the basket
(I was worried it would tip over in the basket.)
The girls "discovered" their new watercolor basket as soon as they got home
from school that afternoon and have been using it almost daily ever since.
Evening watercolor session while mom cooks dinner.
Pink and Green Mama
- ► 2013 (75)
- * Pink Penguin Felt Barrette Party Favors, Birthda...
- * C's Penguin Party Homemade Favor Bags
- * Semi-Homemade Birthday Party Hats
- * Felt Penguin Mask
- * 5th Birthday Sign : Photo Prop
- * Watercolor Basket - Making Art Supplies Accessib...
- * Washing Baby Dolls Water Play
- * President's Day Portraits: Mixed Media Art Lesso...
- * Ballerina Paper Dolls With Cupcake Wrapper Skirt...
- * Colorframes Block Review - Block Play Activities...
- * A Real Life Valentine's Day Love Story.
- * Mad Lib Valentines for Tweens
- * Round-Up of Kid Valentines From Years Past
- * Felt Heart Valentine Barrettes Tutorial
- * Valentine's Day T-Shirt Tutorial: Heart Doily Sh...
- * Tate's Bake Shop Valentine's Day Cookie Giveaway...
- * Re-Cycled Tissue Paper Sunflower Bowl Craft for ...
- * Re-Cycled Paper Bowl Project
- * Make A Paper Salad - Scissor Practice For Presch...
- * Re-Cycled Cereal Box Heart-Shaped Valentine Card...
- * Re-Cycled Art Stitched Heart Valentine Cards
- ▼ February (21)
- ► 2011 (152)
- ► 2010 (172)
- ► 2009 (161)