Thursday, March 29, 2012
* Mirror Mirror Puppy Love Bubble Potion Craft Project, plus a Mirror Mirror Movie Giveaway!
The girls and I were inspired by the new movie,
Mirror Mirror, to make this fun craft!
One of our favorite scenes in the movie trailer, is the scene with the evil queen,
(played by Oscar-winner Julia Roberts --we love her!)
when she accidentally gives the prince "Puppy Love" potion and he acts like a silly dog.
The girls and I laugh out loud every time we see it!
We decided to make our own "Puppy Love" potion and make a game out of it.
First, we picked up some bottles of bubble solution at the store.
(the kind we used can be found at Walmart and Target)
Then, we got to work "transforming" them into magical potion bottles!
To make our magic bubble potions, we glued glittery foam heart stickers
to scrapbook paper labels and added stickers to show what kind of potion is inside the bottle.
I attached the labels with my glue gun (but you could also use craft glue) -
safety note: make sure an adult uses the glue gun- they're too hot for small fingers!
Then, I added some bling to the bubble bottles with some decorative craft gems and my glue gun.
Our finished "Puppy Love" bubble potion bottle.
Then, we decided to make some fancy bubble wands to go with our fancy potion bottles!
"C" (age 5) helped me make homemade bubble wands
by stringing beads onto chenille pipe cleaners.
For each wand, we shaped the top first (circles, hearts, diamonds)
then strung on some beads and twisted the end to keep the beads from falling off.
The homemade bubble wands hold more bubble solution and make huge bubbles!
Our homemade magic bubble potions,
and "Kitty Love"
When we finished making the bubble bottles and wands,
we headed outside to test them out!
Our game was great fun in the backyard.
We took turns blowing bubbles from the different potion bottles.
If a bubble touches you from one of the bottles, you have to act like that thing.
For example, here is "C" transformed into a puppy as big sister "E"
blows "Puppy Love" potion bubbles on her!
Because my daughter "C" loves all things kitty,
we had to make a batch of pink "Kitty Love" bubble potion too!
Watch out, if you get tagged by a "kitty love" potion bubble,
you'll have to act like a kitty cat!
Of course we had to make some "True Love" potion too!
The girls had a great time playing in the backyard with their new
"magic" bubble potions and homemade bubble wands!
Want some Mirror Mirror fun of your own?
How about a Schwag Bag?
The prize pack will consist of the following:
$25 Fandango gift card, T-shirt, Apple Snow Globe,
Lip Balm, Mirror Compact & Tote Bag.
This giveaway is now closed.
Pink and Green Mama,
Go visit some of my bloggy friends for
more craft tutorials inspired by Mirror Mirror!
* The following opinions expressed and crafts created are my own. *
- ► 2013 (75)
- * Mirror Mirror Puppy Love Bubble Potion Craft Pro...
- * Peg Doll Family
- * Color Matching Easter Egg Game
- * Natural Easter Basket With Cat Grass
- * Terrarium Themed Birthday Party
- * Terrarium Themed Birthday Cake!
- * Color Mixing Fun with Drinks and Water
- * Rainbow Themed Activities for St. Patrick's Day ...
- * DIY Eye Spy Bottle Mini Sensory Box and Egg Cart...
- * St. Patrick's Day Sensory Box
- * St. Patrick's Day Shamrock Printmaking With Toil...
- * Penguin Party Birthday Cake and Jello Jiggler "I...
- * Cardboard Penguin Toss Game and Fish Bean Bags
- * Penguin Party Games
- * Cardboard Box Punch-Out Birthday Party Surprise ...
- ▼ March (15)
- ► 2011 (152)
- ► 2010 (172)
- ► 2009 (161)