Saturday, March 10, 2012
* St. Patrick's Day Sensory Box
Today's post is another goodie from my 2011 archives, enjoy!
I decided the girls needed a St. Patrick's Day Sensory Box.
I made some mini peg-doll Leprechauns for the box.
Note: I buy my unpainted wooden peg dolls from the craft store (JoAnnes or Michaels)
We re-cycled our dry green Split Peas (from our Fall Sensory Box) as the green ground.
Then, added some Dollar Tree faux mossy rocks (from our Fairy Land basket),
some glass green "gems" from our gems and jewels stash,
and some glittery shamrocks and foam shamrock stickers
(left over from a St. Patrick's Day craft my mom taught
at a retirement center years ago - thanks mom!)
The little wooden rainbow over there on the left
is leftover from our homemade wooden toy making adventure
last winter. I like the way the girls lined up the gold coins
to make a path/walk way through the land.
The mini cauldrons were picked up on Halloween clearance at Target
last year (2010) in anticipation of this year's Harry Potter birthday party
(that was replaced by the Pajama party instead!)
You'll recognize the golden rocks recycled from
The gold jewelry box is extra fancy according to "C"
Happy Leprechaun Gold Hunting!
pink and green mama, MaryLea
- ► 2013 (75)
- * Mirror Mirror Puppy Love Bubble Potion Craft Pro...
- * Peg Doll Family
- * Color Matching Easter Egg Game
- * Natural Easter Basket With Cat Grass
- * Terrarium Themed Birthday Party
- * Terrarium Themed Birthday Cake!
- * Color Mixing Fun with Drinks and Water
- * Rainbow Themed Activities for St. Patrick's Day ...
- * DIY Eye Spy Bottle Mini Sensory Box and Egg Cart...
- * St. Patrick's Day Sensory Box
- * St. Patrick's Day Shamrock Printmaking With Toil...
- * Penguin Party Birthday Cake and Jello Jiggler "I...
- * Cardboard Penguin Toss Game and Fish Bean Bags
- * Penguin Party Games
- * Cardboard Box Punch-Out Birthday Party Surprise ...
- ▼ March (15)
- ► 2011 (152)
- ► 2010 (172)
- ► 2009 (161)