Wednesday, June 6, 2012
* Ice Cream Theme Sensory Box
"C" and I made this Ice Cream themed sensory box
this fall and I'm finally getting around to post photos of how we made it!
We started by making some homemade pom-poms with yarn and a salad fork.
Wrap the tines with yarn a bunch of times, then tied off your yarn in the middle.
Slip it off the fork and use scissors to cut the looped ends.
"C" is a good fork wrapper!
Pom-poms make fancy bracelets too!
Then, we made felt popsicles by gluing two pieces of felt together on a popsicle stick.
Felt Popsicles! They don't drip but they will make
your tongue fuzzy if you lick them.
We made ice cream cones by cutting out a piece of stiff brown felt.
We traced a dinner plate to make our circle and cut it out with scissors.
Then, we cut it into thirds.
I rolled up each piece into a cone shape and glued it with a bit of hot glue.
Felt cones with homemade yarn pom-poms!
Then, we put it all together in a box with some scoops,
mini ice cream containers (saved from our recycling)
some store-bought pom-poms,
and (empty) some party favor ice cream-shaped bubbles.
I added some kid friendly chopsticks to practice "tonging" with the mini pom-poms.
Pink and Green Mama
- ► 2013 (75)
- * Tiny Tooth Fairy Package and Letter From Leafcut...
- * Summer Wish Flags (Summer To-Do List Modified)
- * Catching Fireflies Review and Giveaway!
- * Happy Birthday Eric Carle! Hungry Caterpillar Co...
- * Mouse Painting With Cotton Balls and Q-Tips insp...
- * Painted Rainbow Doily Bag Tutorial
- * Scissor Practice - Paper Cutting Box
- * I'm A Melissa and Doug Camp Sunny Patch Honor Co...
- * Color Your Own Coloring Book With Ikea Bird Fabr...
- * Artsy Crafty Goodness Around Our House This Past...
- * Organizing Paper In The Art Studio and Craft Roo...
- * Homemade Father's Day Gift - Backrub T-Shirt
- * Ice Cream Theme Sensory Box
- * Wrapping Up Another School Year - Help Your Chil...
- * Celebrating The End Of The School Year!
- ▼ June (15)
- ► 2011 (152)
- ► 2010 (172)
- ► 2009 (161)