Monday, August 6, 2012
* Ocean Box Diorama
We're big fans of dioramas around here.
I've been known to make peep dioramas at easter time.
My very talented 9 year old daughter "E" loves to make dioramas for fun.
If she has a chance to make one for a school project she'll leap at it
but mostly, she just enjoys making them at home (for fun) in her own time.
She asked if she can get a job as a grown-up making dioramas.
I told her if there is, we might have to do it together!
After a recent trip to the big box discount club store, "E" scored this box
with the intention of bringing it home to make art.
That's my girl!
She asked me to cut two circles she traced on the side of the box
then she sent me
kicked me out of the art studio so she
could work in peace and be left alone.
She glued the box to another piece of cardboard with the glue gun.
She used paper to block out the original box lettering
and she's now working on a sand and cardboard island for the top with plans
for a fishing boat "above the waterline"
Here's the inside.
She made coral out of pipe cleaners (chenille stems)
yarn, and sponges with glue gun.
Her anemones are origami paper on wine corks (so clever!)
She used some buttons too.
I love the torn paper water waves on the back and sides,
she spent a good part of an afternoon just gluing those in place.
She also used sandpaper for the ocean floor.
Her polly pocket mermaids and playmobil sea creatures have been
enjoying their new habitat!
- ► 2013 (75)
- * Avoid The Summer Brain Drain With Play!
- * Creepy Silly Putty Faces
- * Making Tiny Art With Kids
- * End of Summer Celebration: Backyard Shaving Crea...
- * Shaving Cream Bathtub Paint, Don't Say I Didn't ...
- * Lego Sponge Bob Box
- * Back To School Supply Makeover: Washi Tape Wrapp...
- * Make Your Own Room Art With A Paint Sample Colla...
- * Charting Goals Over The Summer and School Year
- * Ocean Box Diorama
- * Origami Paper Crane Wish Tree - Remembering a Fr...
- ▼ August (11)
- ► 2011 (152)
- ► 2010 (172)
- ► 2009 (161)