Wednesday, September 5, 2012
* Making Over Boring School Supplies With Colorful Washi Tape!
This is the perfect time of year to take advantage of back to school
clearance sales on school and office supplies.
I always stock up on new glue and markers in August and September.
Yes, I hoard office products and art supplies.
Earlier in August, we shared our washi tape wrapped pencil makeover with you.
Boring pencils before washi tape makeover.
Adorable after of re-made (embellished) pencils!
The girls have really been enjoying our washi tape and colored skinny masking tape supply.
I recently spruced up my home office and decided I needed to make over
some boring office supplies (especially my file folders!)
For the glue bottles and glue sticks, I just peeled off the wrappers.
And added some colorful tape!
See my plain
boring file folders.
Add a few stripes of colorful washi tape and...
Ahh....that's better. Cute, right?!
I wrote the file names in black sharpie on the tape and now I can easily change
my labels by pulling off the tape and adding a new piece on the tab!
I got my washi tape on Etsy and online but you can find it at the craft store now too
in the scrapbooking and sticker departments.
I believe Elmer's glue is even making some now --
I should have asked them to pay me for this little makeover idea with their glue bottles!
I wrapped a glue bottle, a ruler, and a tiny notebook from the dollar store.
Everything is better in my world
with rainbows and happy patterns!
Pink and Green Mama
Helpful Tip: I recommend wrapping pencils and darker notebooks
with a bit of plain masking tape first to help the transparent washi tape show up better
(and hide ugly printed words and patterns)
- ► 2013 (75)
- * Fall Apple Theme Sensory Box. * Again.
- * How to Make a Tree Out of a Toilet Paper Tube
- * Check Out the Newest Issue Kids Crafts 1-2-3 Mag...
- * Re-Cycled Colored Pencils Trivet
- * Klutz Sticker Design Studio Fun!
- * Giveaway and Review of the Draw Write Now Series...
- * What Kind of Volunteer Are You At School?
- * Leave A "Space" Writing Sticks For Kindergarten
- * Setting Up The Kindergarten Classroom: Reading P...
- * Where Do I Buy Washi Tape?
- * Making Over Boring School Supplies With Colorful...
- * Back To School Anxiety Busters: Helping Your Chi...
- * Homemade Fairy House
- ▼ September (13)
- ► 2011 (152)
- ► 2010 (172)
- ► 2009 (161)