- Mod Podge
- Foam Brushes
Monday, October 1, 2012
* Fall Craft: Glitter and Mod Podge Leaves
In our house, everything is better with glitter
and when I let my kids add it to a project, they get really excited!
Fall leaves come in so many beautiful colors.
Why not make them even more beautiful with some colorful glitter?
For this project you will need:
Go exploring with your children and collect some leaves.
Press your leaves gently for a few hours or a day under a book
and some newsprint or paper to help flatten the edges.
Note: they do not have to be completely dry
and if they get too crunchy they will crumble during the next step!
Using a foam brush and working on a protected surface
(we used a scrap of cardboard)
paint one side of a leaf with a layer mod podge.
We found that if you hold the stem of the leaf
and brush on the mod podge onto the leaf gently in one direction
it is easier and doesn't tear the leaf!
Now for the fun part!
Sprinkle some glitter on your leaf, don't be afraid to use more than one color
(that's how we made our rainbow leaves!)
When working with glitter a grown up should supervise,
keep it away from small eyes and curious pets.
We like to use ours over a newspaper, cookie sheet, or...a cardboard box
(or shoe box lid) to help contain the mess.
Once the glitter leaves have dried you can paint the other side
or just display them as they are.
They look really pretty taped to a window
or hung from a garland made out of braided yarn.
To make our garland,
we braided some colorful yarn into a rope then we just tucked-in
and wove the leaf stems into the braid.
Enjoy your glittery fall leaves!
Pink and Green Mama
Follow Me on Facebook.
Follow Me on Pinterest.
Follow Me on Instagram.
- ► 2013 (75)
- * Instagram and Hurricane Sandy
- * Avoiding Sibling Rivalry and Encouraging Sibling...
- * Finding the "FUN" in School Fundraising Projects...
- * Make Fall Leaves With Elmer's Glue and Chalk
- * The Artful Year Autumn eBook Review
- * DIY Halloween Shirts Tutorial With Aleene's Glue...
- * Klutz Face Painting Book Review and Video Demons...
- * Anytime Craft: Rainbow Yarn Wrapped Color Wheel
- * Colorful Fall Craft: Paint Sample Leaves
- * Easy Halloween Craft Ideas!
- * Kid Friendly Halloween Craft: Noodle Witch Sunca...
- * Fall Craft: Glitter and Mod Podge Leaves
- ▼ October (12)
- ► 2011 (152)
- ► 2010 (172)
- ► 2009 (161)