Saturday, November 3, 2012
* What Should I Do With Leftover Halloween Candy?
This year was a bumper crop year
for halloween candy in our neighborhood.
The neighbors were all extremely generous with fist-fulls of candy
for the kids this year. I'm guessing they were all sick of it
after eating candy all weekend during the hurricane!
So what do you do with too much candy?
Well, in our house we're planning to distribute it in a few different ways...
1. I'm letting the girls pick a piece out each morning to eat after
breakfast and a piece to pack in their school lunch as a dessert.
After a week or so, the candy bowl will magically disappear.
2. Our dentist offers to "buy back" candy
from kids then she ships it
oversees to soldiers serving in the armed services.
The girls have an appointment next week so we'll be bringing
a bag of cavity-inducing goodness with us.
3. We pull out a bunch of colorful candy that looks great on
and save it in a shoe box for our holiday crafting at the beginning of December.
We save things like Starburst, Now And Laters, Gum Drops,
Gummy Fish, M&Ms, Lemon Heads, Lollipops, etc.
4. I ask the girls to each pick out 25 pieces of candy
(x2 kids = that's 50 pieces gone in our house)
to squirrel away into their advent calendar for December.
That's what works for our house.
It's much better than a giant bowl sitting around tempting me for weeks on end.
Do you have any favorite halloween candy tricks?
Pink and Green Mama
Follow Me on Facebook.
Follow Me on Pinterest.
Follow Me on Instagram.
- ► 2013 (75)
- * EASY Homemade Pajama Pants for Kids!
- * DIY Advent Wreath Style #2 with Scrapbook Paper ...
- * Christmas Craft: Easy DIY Candy Advent Wreath Wi...
- * It's Here! Thanksgiving Weekend Only: Learning T...
- * EASY Festive Napkin Ring Craft! A Kid Friendly H...
- * Journal 10+ Discount Code for Pink and Green Mam...
- * Sneak Peek of Learning Through Play Thanksgiving...
- * Favorite Thanksgiving Projects Round-Up (and a B...
- * Finding Time for Community Service As A Family
- * Building Compassion With Children Through Commun...
- * Klutz Glossy Bands Stretchy Bracelet Making Kit ...
- * Journal 10+ Review and Makeover!
- * What Should I Do With Leftover Halloween Candy?
- * Halloween 2012 Update: Little Red Riding Hood an...
- ▼ November (14)
- ► 2011 (152)
- ► 2010 (172)
- ► 2009 (161)