Sunday, February 10, 2013
Heartfelt Homemade Valentine Gift From Parent to Child: Mommy and Me Journal
This Valentine's Day, I will be giving each of my girls a small homemade gift from the heart.
I picked up a couple of spiral bound notebooks on clearance at the store and Mod-Podged the covers
with scrapbook paper hearts, doilies, and sticker letters to say, "Mommy and Me."
If you look closely, I didn't have enough "M" stickers so I used some upside down "Ws"!
I made a Pink Sparkly journal for "C" my pink lover.
I used Sparkle Mod Podge for the covers for extra bling.
"E"'s journal is blue and rainbow.
Then, I raided my ribbon stash and tied Rya-style knots to attach the ribbons
to the spiral spine of each notebook. Pinks, oranges, and purples for "C" and
Blue and Rainbow colors for "E"s notebook.
Close-up of the ribbons.
Now, each girl and I will have a special place to write notes and drawings
for each other. A top-secret Mommy and Me only notebook for secrets,
hopes, dreams, silly-ness and memory making.
We will trade the notebooks back and forth on our pillows.
A simple, heartfelt gift from me to each of my girls to let them know how special
they each are to me and that they'll always be my Valentines.
Love the Owl Pillow? We do too, you can get one from my bloggy friend Lisa
from her 5 Orange Potatoes Etsy shop HERE!
They don't smear on the page and the colors are vivid.
They're VERY fine so you can draw tiny detailed drawings -
perfect for me and my little 9 year old, cartoonist "E".
Thank you for helping me make beautiful (colorful) memories with my daughters Pentel!
For all of you mommies of little boys out there,
go ahead and make a journal to share with your son.
It's a special way to bond and build love, respect, and communication with your child.
Happy Valentine's Day!
- Solar System Projects - Outer Space Themed Crafts,...
- Solar System Star-Style Book Report With Pentel Wa...
- President's Day Portrait Lesson - Happy Birthday G...
- A REAL Valentine's Day Love Story
- Pet Rock Valentines: Homemade Valentine Cards For ...
- * Newspaper and Watercolor Heart Valentine's Day C...
- Spin Art HeART Valentine Garland!
- Heartfelt Homemade Valentine Gift From Parent to C...
- Favorite Valentine's Day Crafts and Activities For...
- Easy DIY Valentine's Day T-Shirts!
- * Cotton Ball Sushi Craft
- ▼ February (11)
- ► 2012 (164)
- ► 2011 (152)
- ► 2010 (172)
- ► 2009 (161)