Tuesday, February 12, 2013
* Newspaper and Watercolor Heart Valentine's Day Cards
Are you looking for an easy last minute valentine
you can make with your kids using supplies you already have in the house?
Look no farther...I bet you have newspapers and watercolors!
(or food coloring....or paint....or koolaid!)
My sweet "C" made these beautiful watercolor and newspaper heart valentine cards
for her kindergarten classmates this year.
She saw the BEAUTIFUL painted watercolor hearts over at
You Are My Fave blog (here's her post) and fell in love immediately.
This is our modified version, make your own with whatever you have handy!
We painted newspapers with liquid watercolors and do-a-dot markers.
Then added a few spritzes of water with a water mister to help it bleed.
After the watercolors dried overnight, we cut out heart shapes.
The doily stamp is something I picked up at Michaels with a coupon.
We stamped it on pink card stock with metallic silver ink.
Then we just stapled each heart to the card.
She spent a long time writing each of her friends names and signing her own on the cards,
then we taped on a cherry blow pop
because a little bit of sugar makes the day that much sweeter!
Wishing you a very Happy Valentine's Day!
Pink and Green Mama
- Solar System Projects - Outer Space Themed Crafts,...
- Solar System Star-Style Book Report With Pentel Wa...
- President's Day Portrait Lesson - Happy Birthday G...
- A REAL Valentine's Day Love Story
- Pet Rock Valentines: Homemade Valentine Cards For ...
- * Newspaper and Watercolor Heart Valentine's Day C...
- Spin Art HeART Valentine Garland!
- Heartfelt Homemade Valentine Gift From Parent to C...
- Favorite Valentine's Day Crafts and Activities For...
- Easy DIY Valentine's Day T-Shirts!
- * Cotton Ball Sushi Craft
- ▼ February (11)
- ► 2012 (164)
- ► 2011 (152)
- ► 2010 (172)
- ► 2009 (161)