Sunday, March 3, 2013
Cute DIY St. Patrick's Day Craft: Rainbow Ribbon Hair Barrette
The girls and I were brainstorming cute St. Patrick's day craft ideas
and came up with this fun little rainbow cloud barrette.
These barrettes were inspired by our DIY Valentine's Day felt heart barrettes
First we cut pieces of thin ribbon into 15" long strips and tied them to the
bottom rung/bar of a simple hair barrette.
Here you can see our be-ribboned barrette with a ruler to show you the scale.
After tying the ribbons to the bottom bar of the barrette,
the girls carefully stitched a cut out felt cloud shape to the barrette
with white embroidery floss. Then I helped them tack a second felt cloud shape
to the bottom cloud to cover up the stitches and give the cloud more visual depth.
Rainbow hair barrette in action!
Finished rainbow cloud barrette ready for St. Patty's day
or any day we need a little rainbow cheer!
Pardon the sloppy stitching, It's a small price to pay for letting
the girls help sew their own barrettes!
You have to learn somehow, and this part doesn't show when it's in your hair.
These would be adorable pins to wear on your shirt or backpack as well!
Happy St. Patty's (RAINBOW) Day!
Pink and Green Mama, MaryLea
- Favorite Rainbow Themed Activities, Crafts, Snacks...
- Favorite Watercolor Projects For Kids
- Favorite Felt Projects, Crafts, and Felt Board Ide...
- Easter Basket Non-Candy Filler Ideas To Make For Y...
- Kid Friendly Ways To Decorate Easter Eggs
- Poured Paint Easter Eggs!
- Save 20% on Ellie Work Out Clothes Review - Active...
- Favorite St. Patrick's Day Crafts and Activities F...
- Top 10 Favorite St. Patrick's Day Activities and C...
- DIY St. Patrick's Day Shamrock T-Shirt With Doily ...
- Cute DIY St. Patrick's Day Craft: Rainbow Ribbon H...
- ▼ March (11)
- ► 2012 (164)
- ► 2011 (152)
- ► 2010 (172)
- ► 2009 (161)