Tuesday, March 12, 2013
Poured Paint Easter Eggs!
This project drew it's inspiration from the beautiful poured paint projects
that were all over blog world and Pinterest last year.
The Rainbow poured paint flower pots from Dily Daly art were my very favorites!
We also love the art work of Holton Rower and his poured paint creations.
We used cheap-o plastic easter eggs and set each one on a paper plate
balanced in a small plastic bottle cap.
Then we just poured craft paint in layers on top of each egg.
Watching the paint mix is the fun part!
I recommend adding some metallic silver or gold paint to the mix!
Had to make a girly pink and purple one for "C"
They look like our poured paint yard gazing balls.
Here's a link in case you missed that gem from the archives!
Then we decided to sprinkle some glitter onto the wet paint
to give them some more bling!
* Because the paint is plastic and so are the eggs,
the paint will chip and peel off if you pick at them.
* To "finish" the unpainted end of the egg that was stuck inside the plastic cap, we just
picked up the eggs when they were (mostly) dry and dipped the bare ends into the
swirly paint puddle that was left behind on the paper plate.
Happy (Drippy) Easter Decorating!
Pink and Green Mama
- Favorite Rainbow Themed Activities, Crafts, Snacks...
- Favorite Watercolor Projects For Kids
- Favorite Felt Projects, Crafts, and Felt Board Ide...
- Easter Basket Non-Candy Filler Ideas To Make For Y...
- Kid Friendly Ways To Decorate Easter Eggs
- Poured Paint Easter Eggs!
- Save 20% on Ellie Work Out Clothes Review - Active...
- Favorite St. Patrick's Day Crafts and Activities F...
- Top 10 Favorite St. Patrick's Day Activities and C...
- DIY St. Patrick's Day Shamrock T-Shirt With Doily ...
- Cute DIY St. Patrick's Day Craft: Rainbow Ribbon H...
- ▼ March (11)
- ► 2012 (164)
- ► 2011 (152)
- ► 2010 (172)
- ► 2009 (161)