Monday, July 29, 2013
Making Silhouette Art With Children
Affiliate Disclosure: Pink and Green Mama is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com.
We recently traveled to Disney World in Orlando, Florida and asked our favorite artist there, Meghan,
in Downtown Disney to create our second set of profile silhouette portraits of our daughters.
6 years ago, the same artist cut portraits of my sweet girls that hang in our hallway
as well as some "scenes" for their rooms.
"C"(age 6) has a Pumpkin Carriage, a Thumbelina, and a Rapunzel Tower silhouette in her room.
"E" (age 10) has her favorite Disney character, Maleficent's silhouette in her room.
Watching the artist at work, and looking at those silhouettes everyday must have left an impression on my youngest daughter "C" because the other night, as I was cooking dinner,
she sat down at the counter with some black construction paper and a pair of scissors and created this beautiful silhouette of a giraffe with a tree. "C" sketched her drawing with pencil then cut it out and glued it down with a glue stick on white paper.
I was blown away. I'm planning to frame it for the hallway silhouette gallery.
When her big sister, "E" saw what she was up to, she wanted to make one as well.
She cut out this beautiful Jelly Fish and I'm going to have to frame it too!
We will be making more silhouette art this summer!
Thanks for the inspiration Meghan!
Pink and Green Mama, MaryLea
Follow Me on Facebook.
Follow Me on Pinterest.
Follow Me on Instagram.
- Making Silhouette Art With Children
- Homemade Summer Treat For Kids to Make: Healthy Fr...
- Travel Size Sensory Box for Small World Play
- Make Dress-Up Play MORE FUN with DIY Costumes!
- Mark Rothko Inspired ATC Color Studies
- Paul Cezanne Inspired Still Life Drawings With Oil...
- Fun With Legos: DIY Lego Hangman
- Preserving Lego Memories and Fun With Legos: Lego ...
- Star Wars Peg Dolls - DIY Toys from the Craft Room...
- 4 Kid-Friendly Outdoor Activities for the 4th of J...
- ▼ July (10)
- ► 2012 (164)
- ► 2011 (152)
- ► 2010 (172)
- ► 2009 (161)