Friday, July 26, 2013

Travel Size Sensory Box for Small World Play


We recently discovered that our Mermaid Sensory Writing Tray 
also makes a fantastic Travel Size Sensory Box for small world play!
It is great for Summer Road Trips, pool-side playdates, Grandma's house, 
Soccer Game sidelines, and our playroom. The lid keeps everything inside and it's small and portable
so my kids can carry it around much more easily than our bigger sensory boxes.
I think these little stackable scrapbook paper boxes would be fun in a classroom setting too - 
much easier to stack on classroom shelves! 


We made the box in a small, 12"x12" lidded plastic scrapbook paper storage box. 
It is only about 2"high on the sides. We placed a piece of sparkly scrapbook paper in the bottom 
of the box and added about a cup of play sand on top. Then, we added some small seashells,
rocks, glass beads, Play Mobil animals, and Polly Pockets. 

For more sensory box ideas, see my Sensory Boxes 101 Post
Any of the Sensory Boxes listed there could be remade on a smaller scale like this one!

Happy SMALL World Playing On The Go! 

Warmly,
Pink and Green Mama 

Follow Me on Facebook.
Follow Me on Pinterest.
Follow Me on Instagram.

6 comments:

Crafty Homeschool Mama said...

Too cute Mary Lea. We just can't get enough when it comes to miniatures, and I think I get even more excited about them than my kids! :O
I am thinking about starting a dollhouse remodel and decorating project with my 7 year old (with my old wooden doll house, now hers). It even had electricity at one point and I'd sure love to have it put back into working order. Only problem is miniature collecting can be quite expensive and my real house always needs the attention more, Ha!
Still, maybe we will begin re-doing 1 room at a time...
Blessings, Joanna

pink and green mama MaryLea said...

I love miniatures and doll houses too Joanna! There are some GREAT tutorials on Etsy with fun ideas for DIY miniatures for doll houses, food, furniture, etc!

Warmly,
MaryLea

pink and green mama MaryLea said...

ack.. I meant to say Pinterest, not Etsy (haven't had my morning coffee yet!) but I do like to get ideas from Etsy too!!!

Crafty Homeschool Mama said...

OH, the vast and wondrous land of Pinterest never ceases to amaze...thanks for the tip...browsing now :D
Had to giggle at this one...here is a dollhouse my 3 wild boys would totally love: http://www.diaryofapreppymom.com/2012/11/diy-dollhouse-furniture-on-cheap.html
Heehee, too cute

pink and green mama MaryLea said...

That's AWESOME!!! Thanks for sharing!

Denise McLeod said...

I adore this idea. I have a child who suffers from SPD and sensory boxes are a huge thing in our house. I love this idea and how amazing it looks. Thank you also for your link to Pinterest so that I can follow some of your awesome ideas.


LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...