Friday, July 26, 2013
Travel Size Sensory Box for Small World Play
We recently discovered that our Mermaid Sensory Writing Tray
also makes a fantastic Travel Size Sensory Box for small world play!
It is great for Summer Road Trips, pool-side playdates, Grandma's house,
Soccer Game sidelines, and our playroom. The lid keeps everything inside and it's small and portable
so my kids can carry it around much more easily than our bigger sensory boxes.
I think these little stackable scrapbook paper boxes would be fun in a classroom setting too -
much easier to stack on classroom shelves!
We made the box in a small, 12"x12" lidded plastic scrapbook paper storage box.
It is only about 2"high on the sides. We placed a piece of sparkly scrapbook paper in the bottom
of the box and added about a cup of play sand on top. Then, we added some small seashells,
rocks, glass beads, Play Mobil animals, and Polly Pockets.
For more sensory box ideas, see my Sensory Boxes 101 Post.
Any of the Sensory Boxes listed there could be remade on a smaller scale like this one!
Happy SMALL World Playing On The Go!
Pink and Green Mama
Follow Me on Facebook.
Follow Me on Pinterest.
Follow Me on Instagram.
- Making Silhouette Art With Children
- Homemade Summer Treat For Kids to Make: Healthy Fr...
- Travel Size Sensory Box for Small World Play
- Make Dress-Up Play MORE FUN with DIY Costumes!
- Mark Rothko Inspired ATC Color Studies
- Paul Cezanne Inspired Still Life Drawings With Oil...
- Fun With Legos: DIY Lego Hangman
- Preserving Lego Memories and Fun With Legos: Lego ...
- Star Wars Peg Dolls - DIY Toys from the Craft Room...
- 4 Kid-Friendly Outdoor Activities for the 4th of J...
- ▼ July (10)
- ► 2012 (164)
- ► 2011 (152)
- ► 2010 (172)
- ► 2009 (161)